Sunday 8 June 2008

Don't Know what Possessed Me

After not wanting to bother with toe ups, going through some downloaded patterns, and found a top up pattern which seemed OK, so here it is my first toe up. I had never grasped the concept at all that this did not involve grafting the toe. So I maybe a convert, haven't attempted the heel yet though. Yes it is cheap acrylic, pretty colours though, like to try out new things on cheap yarn first and it only involves 40 stitches. Had a bit of trouble with releasing the original stitches from the crochet chain, and don't know how right I was picking up the wraps as the acrylic hides heaps.

And lastly but not least Dad in his Inca Jumper. A little big but - hey

2 comments:

Becky-Dee said...

Gosh I'm so sorry for not replying to your comments on my blog sooner! I really like toe up socks especially when you have a small amount of yarn. If you are a toe-up convert you should try some Baudelaire socks from Knitty. They turn out lovely. The Jumper looks great. Hey, Better too large than too small.

My Bainbridge scarf isn't chunkier but I did make it about 3cm wider so it is slightly more of a substantial scarf.

The purple socks are called "Embossed Leaves" from a book called Favourite Socks

Not sure what to do about my magknits pattern. I will have to edit it quite a lot before I even think about releasing it again.

Yea, I was spoilt! Michael Buble will be awesome. I'll be on the plane in an hour! Yay!

wittyknitter said...

Hey thanks for the comment and you're right the stronger you are the better off you are!!!

I love those socks they are so cool looking. I have just learned how to knit socks so I haven't done the toe up way yet, and the Jumper you knit for your grandpa is really neat!

I work at a yarn store that has some amazing yarns. If you are down for checking it out here is the website www.jimmybeanswool.com I don't know how to do links. but still try it out...Your blog is a lot of fun!

Happy knitting!