Thursday 16 April 2009

Triumph Scarf Completed

Probably should have done an extra skein, but I figure 130cm in long enough, might make some matching mittens with the 2 skeins left. The scarf may shrink a bit as think it needs to be blocked.

Have started some socks in mistake rib using Spotlight Fun 50/50 wool/acrylic in 8ply hopefully a fast project and at least something I can do a bit at work. Still really like the mistake rib stitch and think will make a lovely thick squishy sock. This will be the second item for my daughter's godparents.

ps - diminishing rib cardigan will be frogged, will never be small enough for it to fit, will do again though

2 comments:

My Five Sons said...

Hi Rachel!! I think you acheive far more FOs than me,LOL I have heaps ongoing but am trying to discipline myself into "hitting" a project and keeping on it to get it done.Im working on a Swallow tail shawl and loving it,I put an hour into it each night,sticking to a time table helps!
I was dissappointed to see Cleckheaton have discontinued the 12 ply,theres 17 balls of the lovely green and I think ten of the purple left in my LWS and am thinking of calling her to put them away,I scored the last pack of patonyle yesty,Cheryl had put it under the counter a week before,a couple of people had asked for it too!!!Its having acolour change this weekend I hope!

My Five Sons said...

I went looking at Roses ebay items and have an eye on the cream as I need a fair bit to do a lap rug also checked out a couple of other bits,very well priced!!Thanks for confirming her as great shop!I was thinking of doing the Feb Lady cardie in that nice forest green,have to work out how much I need!