Friday 24 August 2012

A Little Anniversary Break

It was our 20th Anniversary on Wednesday and since we haven't had a holiday for probably 10 years, decided to spoil ourselves at Somewhere Unique at Wollombi. Only 2 hrs drive and a very lovely spot.

A very relaxing few days was had, very much needed with a teenager not working and forever needing money for dancing and hubby trying to set up business full time. She does wish to make a career of out it, but classes were seeming to become an excuse not to get a job. I suppose I've been a bit soft allowing her to follow her dreams. But now being 18 she really get some work experience and show how much she wants this dream. Anyway a kind friend gave her the funds to complete tickets to be a Stop /Slow sign person and we made it clear that you do not look a gift horse in the mouth and that she may need to sacrifice some classes to get some money together if she wishes to study full time. So courses are booked and we will go to the NSW Uni Open Day as well as ACPE which also offers Bachelor of Dance Ed.

Wollombi also has a Wool Store, lovely little shop in  a historic setting with top class yarn , Biggan , Jo Sharp, Filatura Di Crossa, Misti Alpaca and Noro etc. They have a full range of Addi and Knit Pro needles ( can see my Addi Click Set expanding). Lovely ladies and a web store to be open very shortly . Spoilt myself to this


Centolavaggi by  Filatura Di Crossa , it is devinely soft lace weight merino, and sets my challenge to myself to knit a lace shawl
Thinking of either Annis or Travelling Woman being first attempt at a lace shawl, but open to suggestions.

First Challenge to finish The Burnham Wood Capelet


2 comments:

Jan said...

Just responding to your post and also your comment on my blog.

We used to have 40 acres outside Wollombi. Lovely place. Could get there either from Laguna or from road down beside pub at Wollombi. Some land sold from Hunter Lodge run by the Royle brothers, owners of Forest Coachlines at French's Forest.

Do you know there are interesting markets there on public holiday Mondays. You can find dates on Google usually. They used to be good but I think they may have gone more commercial.

Sinus problems? I have had chronic sinusitis since I was three. The chronic variety is not painful just disgusting. I did not know for years why people said it was painful till I had the usual stuff.

I had lots of operations and attended the Ear, Nose and Throat clinic at North Shore once a week for years. I eventually had silver drain tubes inserted. I think current doctor is checking these out. My guess is that if they have shifted, I would have acute pain of a different sort. I think everything is blocked up. X-ray will tell I hope.

Jan said...

I emailed the wool store at Wollombi to see if they would be open on holiday market. Yes! My son is planning on going to markets with his daughters as wife and son will be in Brisbane for football. Grandson is in State team for under 24s. He asked if I wanted to go and I think I will. Wollombi holds lots of memories, good and bad for me, but I think it's time I revisited the place to put some to rest.