Thursday 31 May 2007

Slipper Sock Thingee


Been trying to find something to make with this yarn for a while. Attempted slippers from Simply Knitting but part of the pattern was missing at the time, and the pieces looked very small with this yarn substituted into the pattern. I have downloaded the correction but cannot really be bothered with it now.
So have started a basic sock pattern with 28 stitches on 6mm dpns. I have started in double rib and think I will continue with it to the heel. As the sock appears a bit big, thought I might go down in needle size for the ankle, and see what happens after that. This is keeping me amused on the train (when I get a seat), still studying hard. If this works out I have leather elbow patches to use on the soles, so socks will become slippers. It will just be a fight between my daughter and I who gets to wear them.

No comments: