Sunday 25 January 2009

more Fetching




Well think I've satisfied my fetching fetish for now. Love the black ones , even though they are a cheap acrylic. Modified them from suggestions from the Fetching Ravelry Group. They are for my friend who says she has average to large hands and from all comments the original pattern is quite small, which would appear to be so, as the Patons Tweed DK one's are just right for me and I do have small hands. I added an extra row of cable at the wrist , four rows of 4x1 rib before the thumb and completed the cable be fore doing the picot castoff. This seems to prevent the rolling with a flatter neater finish. A lot of people said they didn't like picot castoff, but I find it very appealing and one of the things that draw me the pattern. Will definitely do some more, royal purple yarn from Biggan I think for daughter and I. That will have to wait still on one income, so stash busting is the only yarn option at the moment. Thinking of making matching socks.

What now, maybe back to Magic Stripe Socks, or start a cable scarf.

Weight gone 7.9kgs and counting , over 10% of my body weight

No comments: