Wednesday 11 March 2009

VP Bag Finished , another project started



Finished and waiting to for a few gifts to placed inside and then mailed to a hopefully happy recipient.



My friend's Mum decided to get rid of her knitting stuff as she is now a keen quilter, all circa 70s & 80s. A half finished cardigan I assume (not quite sure what it was) , partly made with this Panda Astro, I frogged the cardigan as the yarn called me to make into The Diminishing Rib Cardigan from the latest Interweave Knits. I even made a swatch for tension and it seems to be right on. The yarn is mostly Acrylic , but has a tiny bit of mohair. It is nice and soft (a pleasure after the VP Bag) and hopefully will have a nice drape to it. I've done my first tubular cast on and Icord edging, so it's already been a successful learning experience. It's worked from the top down and in one piece, hopefully will be a fairly quick knit on 5mm needles

Oh and lucky me I won $25.00 to spend at Wired For Fibre through the Serendipity Blogs Bushfire appeal. Thanks to Jacqueline for organising the appeal and raising over $20K and to Katy for donating the prize. Waiting for some 4ply "Hero" or "Brave" to come back in stock

No comments: