Sunday 24 June 2007

I'm 40

What a lovely day I had yesterday. My Husband and Daughter had secretly planned a surprise party. Lots of goods friends turned up, one driving from interstate with a friend and 3 littlelees, an awesome effort. All the friends I don't see often enough, even though they don't live that far away. My husband may not do much too on birthday occasions usually, but when he does he does it well.


Here are a few of my gifts, the yarn is dark purple (my favourite kind of purple).$50.00 to spend at Spotlight, 20% off tomorrow , good timing but as always when I have a gift voucher I have no idea what I want. Would like to attempt a shawl. The scarf I whipped up from my stash for myself (Moda Vera Jasmin), as I don't have a knitted scarf and being a knitter I thought I'd better change that. It's kind of ugly, but I think I like it. It let me try drop stitch and got me away from the cable beanie. I get a bit thingie , when I have cast on more than 100 stitches, it takes so long to do a row.

A book I bought a few weeks ago, I think I will even make stuff from it. Looks bright & colourful with simple patterns. I went back to the books I received when I was down with the lurgy. I like this from "Yarns to Dye For".














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Happy Belated 40th! It sounds like you had a lovely time. Your hubby and daughter were extra sweet to organise a surprise celebration for you, very kewl indeed :-)
Do you spin at all?