Friday 19 October 2007

Swatching

Swatching this

to make this


I have substituted a Busy Bee yarn for Patons Zhivago. It was in the 10 balls for $10 basket at spotlight. I have picked it up on my previous couple of visits but have put it back as even being nearly my favourite shade of purple I didn't have a project for it to justify the purchase. Just browsing through the Creative Knitting Annual spotted the above pattern which I was sure my daughter would like. So with 10 minutes to spare before picking her up from dancing, I dropped into spotlight to check out Zhivago. As it turns out it didn't have a price on it,so was no sure on purchasing it. I was lured back to the purple yarn only to realise it was the same composition as Zhivago. Well that was that, a done deal ,I needed 9 balls perfect.

The pattern is marked Advanced , given I'm having trouble with a stocking stitch baby cap, this is a bit out there, oh well take it slow. The yarn is very easy to work.

The Baby Hat is done, not happy , the ladders are still quite visible even after a wash. May try again with 3mm dpns or heaven forbid do it on straights.

2 comments:

Becky-Dee said...

ohh pretty jumper! lovely purple yarn. I have been admiring the lovely colours of that yarn at my spotlight. I am sure you will work out the pattern and if you need a helping hand there are so many people on the internet keen to help!

My Five Sons said...

OH I looked that when it first came out,let us know how you go with the pattern!!!