Saturday 15 March 2008

Don't think I like it




Think it's the yarn , a cotton blend, just has no bounce to it, and does not hide any mistakes. The original pattern was for cotton. Not sure about the actual garment, although I can see it's practicality and that drew me to it in the first place. I will post it next week, even it it just gets used around the house. I would probably do it again but in something thicker & bouncer to make it snuggly.

One of my other projects is in the same yarn , but a summer top in a rib for my daughter, hopefully that will suit better. It's cast on and I was doing it in the round ,but I got it all twisted and had to frog, so will probably settle for one seam instead and still use the round needles. My Dad's jumper is also on the needles.

The lolly buttons and crocheted loops were last minute extra. I have about 100 of the lolly buttons, won them on Ebay , there was supposed to be about 20, but I think they just wanted to get rid of them, there are a few different colours but they all have green spots. I use them and any other bright coloured buttons as decor in the craft room, I have them in a big brady glass shaped vase on a shelf, that way I remember I have them to use.

The top shot is the truer colour.

1 comment:

wittyknitter said...

It is super cute though...reguardless! I love the color and I love the style. You could totally do this in alpaca for winter and wear it with a long sleeved shirt. The pink is great, or a neon type green along those lines would be really pretty!