Saturday 21 January 2012

Good News

Got results back from a biopsy on a lump on my thyroid they found when doing tests to try and find out why i have some numbness in my finger.It's not uncommon for people to have lumps on their thyroid, but when they are over 1cm , they like to do a biopsy, mine was 1.1 cms. Most lumps are benign so it was unlikely to be bad result but weighs on your mind just the same. So got the all clear today. Consequently wasn't feeling the cheeriest last Thursday so decided instead of comfort food i would get comfort yarn. After a success of the first ruffle scarf decided they would be good mother's day gifts for my DD's godmother's. So dropped into the Wool Inn on my way to the car after work and bought two more balls of yarn, 2 different types. Then went what the heck I'll go down the road to Lincraft. There I bought another 8 balls of yarn to make ruffle scarves, of course about a quarter of the price, quality yet to be determined. So with that success headed to the other side of the shopping complex to Spotlight and bought some more ruffle yarn and some other fancy yarns that were on special, as my thoughts had extended to cushions as well as scarves for my stall i've been thinking about. So the godmother's scarves are done and now working on number 4 ruffle scarf.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Good news and with a sister who was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997, I can understand the anxiety about waiting for results.

When I was pondering leaving husband, I knitted and knitted. 14 pairs of socks in three months. It was the only thing that helped me keep going. Knitting really was soothing.

Anonymous said...

must check gucci purse sale with low price