Tuesday 17 January 2012

My First Ruffle Scarf

My favourite purple with gold,was in spired to make this after attending a small market in St Marys on the weekend. There was a stall there with the usual baby stuff knit and crochet which was all lovely but has a limited appeal these days I think. So my thoughts have gone to scarves, berets, fingerless gloves etc. So with the euphoria that the creative moment brings went off to the Wool Inn Penrith and was confronted by masses of ruffle yarn. Been thinking of a few of these as gifts,so thought would try out one for myself given there was some yarn in my absolute favourite shade of purple. Has taken two evenings as seems a bit fiddly to start but with 7stitches and just being garter stitch is very quick. At the beginning was trying to get as close as possible to the edge of the tape which isn't necessary . So thoughts are of a little stall of trendy accessories, we'll see. Missed Super Macro Sunday,caught up thinking of ideas for the stall

No comments: