Tuesday 3 July 2007

A Busy Few Days

My baby turned 13 on Sunday, so it was a busy weekend , Saturday I took her and friend to Parramatta to shop , she likes Borders and a hot chocolate at Gloria Jeans up stairs. I wasn't allowed to go to Lincraft :-/ Hopefully the yarn sale might be still on and I'll get there this week sometime. Sunday was housework before all the party guests came. All in all a good weekend.

I did manage to finish the cable beanie (just about), my first cables, don't know what I've been worried about all these years. It's kind of magical I think how they shape themselves, I thought it would be much more complex. I will hopefully have a pic of the beanie, the recipient still has it, I need to bind it off , didn't finish it completely as I thought it was a bit short, and wanted him to try it on first. Hopefully I will catch up with him tomorrow to finish the job.

The drop stitch shawl is going well , but with nearly 40 more stitches to increase, I'm already having trouble fitting the wraps on the needles. I have started a very basic garter stitch scarf for my husband in Moda Vera Flirt (black/silver) , it is soooo soft. Think I will do gauntlets to match it , and the cable beanie.

Spotlight Knitting party on Saturday, just have to decide which store to go to, yes I am spoilt, I have two within a fairly short distance from home.

1 comment:

rozco said...

hiya,
I am also a self confessing obsessive knitter. I up until last yr had always used patons & c'heaton wools. Ur site came up 2day when i was trying 2 locate moda vera pattern, if u could let me know roughy stitches... i am about 2 knit a cable vest. I luv cable & fairisles & i do knit them 2 gether. I have an extensive pattern library if i can ever help u out !!! I am a working mum of 3 (2 girls & a son, 24, 18 & 16).... Happppppppy KKKKnittter in Coffs Harbour. I knit @ east 1 item per week, also knit 4 cancer coucil street stalls ( baby goods ). I am a quilter also,just enjoy time 2 me & creating... Thanx