Tuesday 10 July 2007

Hat Finished


I have completed the free Yarn Bee hat pattern in the light pink amazon yarn. I am very happy with it , think it's looks better than the pamphlet, thicker & fluffier. Although being for a child I may put some hat elastic in the ribbing as it stretches quite easily. I have started another cable beanie in pink acrylic from my stash, toddler size this time. I'm making up a package along with the yarn bee hat and blue baby shoes from previous posts. I decided I didn't like the dolphin buttons on the shoes, and I am going to replace them with buttons I won off Ebay. I'll make a bonnet to go with the shoes, and hopefully get it all in the mail sometime next week. The person who's children I'm knitting for has previously been so greatful for my knitted gifts, as her Mum passed away a number of years ago and was a knitter. So she didn't have anyone to knit for her babies. I also like to knit for her as she has no problems with bright colours. A bright purple mini baby poncho was greatly appreciated. Back to the needles.

No comments: