Sunday 29 July 2007

When is a stash too big??

Is it when you can't remember what's in it?





All this on top of a bookcase. Mum gave it to me last year when she moved into the granny flat next door. I knew it was there, but had forgotten exactly what was in it. 1kg of beautiful dark brown wool about 8ply, still geasy and a bit smelly, Mum was given it about 20 years ago by a friend who had started up a wool mill in Mudgee. To think I had begun making enquiries about buying some natural yarn for my husband's aniversary present. The cream yarn , my Mum spun around the same time, about 180 gms, along with the brown & white combination. The other lighter brown colour in the basket is unspun, there is nearly a kg of that too. The other basket is of rovings wool & mohair we think. A huge reel of more light brown yarn to be plied.

With this , and probably at least four more baskets full of commercial yarn, can I really justify adding to my stash?

I really have to take the time for Mum to teach me to spin. I feeling rather inspired now.


1 comment:

My Five Sons said...

Oh What fun it is find a bit of burried treasure like this!!!!